Welcome to my travel blog! Over the next 10 weeks I will be travelling throughout Europe and will share my adventure here. The name of this blog is a Latin phrase which translates roughly to mean 'to gain, understand, perceive'. It explains perfectly what I hope to experience in this trip; a sense of understanding and appreciation for life all around the world.



Saturday, February 5, 2011

Homeward Bound

Well, the time has come for me to pack everything up for the last time and head to the airport to make the long trip home.As I said earlier, I have two flights today and then tomorrow a flight back to Melbourne from Heathrow.

I said goodbye this morning to some Korean girls I made friends with and we had a photo together so they said they'd email it to me - a really nice ending to this trip for me.

I feel like I should have all sort of philosophical oberservations to make about travelling and discovering oneself - yadda yadda yadda. The description of my blog at the top of the page says how I wanted to discover and appreciate life all around the world. I certainly have had many opportunities for this along my travels, but I feel that what I have experienced and seen has only shown me that there is so, so, so much more out there!

One of the biggest lessons I have learned is I don't have to go travelling halfway accross the world to explore life more - I'm so excited about going back home and discovering more about my own country, my own culture and my own life. There's a lot there to keep me busy!

I don't think I will have a chance to get onto the internet again before I finally depart tomorrow in London so I take this opportunity to say thank you to everyone who supported me in the lead up to and during this trip. Thank you for the emails, comments, facebook messages and thoughts. Thank you to those who hosted me and took me out while I was in Europe. And to you, thanks for reading! It's always a real kick for the ego to know people are reading your words :)

To everyone back home - I can't tell you how much I have missed you and am counting down the hours to when I can see you again. Woot!

1 comment:

  1. Counting the hours down here too, see you at Tulla on Monday night!

    Mum & Dad

    ReplyDelete