Welcome to my travel blog! Over the next 10 weeks I will be travelling throughout Europe and will share my adventure here. The name of this blog is a Latin phrase which translates roughly to mean 'to gain, understand, perceive'. It explains perfectly what I hope to experience in this trip; a sense of understanding and appreciation for life all around the world.



Saturday, December 18, 2010

I spent the day in transit today so feel a little dishevelled now! The train this morning was late leaving Prague so I got to Vienna at about 4pm. I made it from the regional train station to the Metro station ok, but then the walk that was supposed to be "an easy 3-4 minute walk to the hostel!" it didn't quite work out that way. Unfortunately the directions given by the hostel were not very clear and the hostel is actually in rather an awkward postion. Anyway, I spent about 30 mins traipsing around trying to find what was only supposed to take 3-4 minutes! I eventually went into a hotel and asked for directions - turns out yes indeed the hostel is only 3-4 mins away - the directions just stink.

Anyway, I dumped everything in my room and was by this time quite hungry so went out again (by this time I knew the surrounding area pretty well!) and got a bite to eat.

I can finally say that I did actually get cold this afternoon - finally! There was a really cold wind that didn't make my fingers just feel cold - they hurt! I actually feel quite excited that it's finally cold.

Although, as I write this in my hostel room there are 2 Italian girls who have just turned up the heater full blast. Sigh - sickness again here we come.

No comments:

Post a Comment