Welcome to my travel blog! Over the next 10 weeks I will be travelling throughout Europe and will share my adventure here. The name of this blog is a Latin phrase which translates roughly to mean 'to gain, understand, perceive'. It explains perfectly what I hope to experience in this trip; a sense of understanding and appreciation for life all around the world.



Friday, December 3, 2010

More snow this morning! However, Gatwick airport has been re-opened. No luck for me though, as I received an email 2 hours hours before my flight telling me it had been cancelled. No matter, I was expecting that anyway. My plans to get another flight for this morning fell through - I received an email yesterday telling me that because the booking had frozen halfway through, it had been cancelled and the only other flights at that time were around $700 AU!!

It's a real bugger, but I managed to do some more quick hunting and found a flight tomorrow morning from Heathrow to Amsterdam that gets me there at around 11am so I will make my way to Weert by train, where my family lives. And this flight was somewhere around $200 so I can manage that. So I have another day in London unexpectedly! I think I will check out the National Gallery and then find somewhere cosy to read Middlemarch. That's another thing about London I love - it has a cafe culture. The coffee is nowhere near as good as Melbourne but it's not expensive and the places are quite cosy so I can easily enjoy a few hours there!

1 comment:

  1. If you can try going to St. Martin in the Fields near the museum. Very nice. Rick

    ReplyDelete