Welcome to my travel blog! Over the next 10 weeks I will be travelling throughout Europe and will share my adventure here. The name of this blog is a Latin phrase which translates roughly to mean 'to gain, understand, perceive'. It explains perfectly what I hope to experience in this trip; a sense of understanding and appreciation for life all around the world.



Friday, December 17, 2010

Photos Galore!

Ok I'm not sure what happened before but here are some photos of the past 2 days.

The outside of the main church at Strahov Monastery.



More outside the Monastery.


The cloisters at the Monastery - it wasn't open but through the glas to the left you could see the pond in the middle - it was frozen!


The Theological Hall at the moastery.


The Philosophical Hall (my favourite!)


The entrance to Prague Castle

One of the stained glass windows in St Vitus Cathedral. The photo doesn't do it justice.


Looking down to the main altar in the Cathedral of St Vitus


Outside looking at the Cathedral.


One of the many winding lanes around the palace.


A little nativity scene they had set up - I'm not sure it was snowing at the real thing though!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures and very good commentary. Believe it or not there was a blizzard in the Australian Alps this weekend! Rick

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rick - I'm really enjoying writing. It keeps my brain fit! And I've been keeping up with the Australian news - it seems you will be having a European Christmas!! All the best to you, Cathy and the girls.

    ReplyDelete